||25 year residential,8 year commercial
Model number: 01438208942508
Internet number (SKU): 203286272
Availability: in stock
Bamboo Cafe 3/8 in. Thick x 2-3/4 in. Wide x 94 in. Length Hardwood Stair Nose Molding - Product information
Stair Nosing is designed for installation on the edge of a stair tread. Stair nosing adds beauty to your home while absorbing much of the stair case traffic. Coordinates with hardwood floor, trim and moldings the stair nosing. Providing a beautiful finished look to any room in your home.
California residents: see
Proposition 65 information
- Bamboo Cafe Hardwood Molding
- 3/8 in. Thickness x 2-3/4 in. Width x 94 in. Length
- Item coordinates with 3/8 in. thick hardwood flooring
- Due to the inherent variation of natural hardwood, there could be color variations within the molding
- Construction: Hardwood Molding
- Bamboo Cafe, Dark Color Finish
- No painting or staining necessary
- Janka wood hardness rating/resistance to denting: 1380
- Appropriate Grade for Installation: Above Grade, On Grade or Below Grade
- Installation: Glue down
- Residential and commercial use
- 25-year residential and 8-year commercial structural manufacturer’s warranty
- Don't forget your coordinating trim and moldings
- All online orders for this item ship via parcel ground
- Zamma suggest that you identify similar looking planks within your new floor that best matches the molding and install next to the molding creating a naturally looking transition
- This product is proudly manufactured by Zamma Corporation
Rated 5 out of
What an amazing look
We pulled out all the old carpet in our house, and put in the Cafe-color bamboo. The stairs were worn out carpet, so I decided to make it a DIY project and pulled it off leaving bare plywood steps.
The stair nose fit perfectly with the 3/8 inch flooring, and is as elegant as any staircase I have seen. The molding is clearly a slightly different process to manufacture, with an oak core and then an overlay of bamboo in in this color. The variations in feel and look isn't any different than all the various shades and looks of the flooring itself, so that just makes the stairs look like an authentic part of the whole floor.
This was a long project. Each piece had to be fitted to the stair tread length-wise, then glued/nailed down together so that the seams fit tightly on the tread. One suggestion is to trim some of the tongue from the flooring (not the nose wood) so that there's a tight fit when fitted against the nose groove. The tongue width on the solid bamboo flooring isn't consistent and leaves some gaps if you're not careful.
I'm super happy, my wife loves the dark wood with white trim look, and these will last for many years, I'm sure.
Oh, one more bonus. The stair nose material is made in the USA. Zamma Corp is right here in Virginia, so...feel good about buying this stuff!
Date published: 2014-05-03
Rated 2 out of
fromNot BambooStain is spotty and shows grain. Obvious it was not made with real bamboo...
Date published: 2013-06-18